Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Our Little Family

In May, a friend of ours, Elliott Mullet came up for a visit. I was secretly hoping he would maybe snap a few photos of our family while he was here, since I knew he has a love for photography. I was more than thrilled when he asked if we would mind if he "practice" on us. :) We were very happy with his photo's, and I would say he does a pretty great job!
.


Saturday night, in Uptown Waterloo.  Yeah, it was freezing cold the end of May. Really?? I guess I'm still getting used to this Canadian weather.. OK, maybe it wasn't freezing, but it was really cold, and my fingers were about numb. Crazy, I know...


Sunday afternoon, we went to Webster Falls. It was lovely to be out enjoying the beautiful creation, the warm, late afternoon sunshine, friends, our little family and just the happiness of togetherness.


I love this one..It melts my heart! Our baby has such a great daddy! Thank you Jesus, for blessing my life with this incredible man, and darling baby boy.


I am so blessed. Really!!  Sometimes I wonder why He chooses to bless us so, when there are so many people out there hurting, broken and lost. Do I really grasp what I/we have, and thank Him for it??
I don't think I do...otherwise I would be constantly worshiping. I wouldn't forget, and have to remind myself so often that  I. Have. So. Much.  We have so much... !



 Moments like these.. they are so special. Priceless. I'm realizing how fast life really does go. How can it be that my baby is already over 3 months? Where has it gone? Kenden has already changed so much, I can hardly remember just how tiny and different he was back in those first days and weeks. Have I mentioned yet that I simply l.o.v.e being his mommy?






Kenden was just hanging out on the ground, while daddy and mommy got a few pictures too. :) I love this child's happy expressions!


This is the man that I love spending my life with. It feels some days, like it's so easy to get caught up in the busyness of life, and forget to treasure the every day moments that we have together... it's easy to feel like we don't have nearly enough time together, and let that drag me down.. then I to often, waste the precious time we DO have together, wishing we had more. It's so wrong.. I've been working on it, but still have a little ways to go.  Looking back, it's often some of the littler things, that stick out the most, and are the best memories.. So, I'm going to live in the moment, take a camera everywhere I go, and remember that today's moments are tomorrows memories. Cherish them!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice pics of some nice people. :) Makes me miss you guys! Very good and on target thoughts too. Steven

    ReplyDelete