Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Welcome to the world, Sweet Baby Boy

It was early Sunday morning, when I woke up. Again.  It had been happening for the past two weeks..waking up, wondering if this would be the night/time we would grab our bags and head to the hospital, to meet the newest member of the family. All of those "other" nights, things would slowly fade away, after keeping me awake for 2-ish hours. This time, I knew within two minutes..it was different. This was IT! I quickly woke up Graham and told him he had better hurry..the way I was feeling, I didn't think we would have a whole lot of time to spare. At least I knew I didn't want to wait any longer than I had to, to get the car  ride over with.  It felt like he took extra long to get out of bed and ready to walk out the door. 

We got to the hospital around 2:30 - hardly 20 minutes after I woke up. The nurse got us to a room, and went to get my files...the computers were down. I felt so.much.back.pain and did not know how I would survive another how many hours, which I would be doing, if it were anything like Kendens' birth. She came back to assess things. I remember hearing 2 cm....and feeling like crying. Do NOT tell me that after all of the false labor I had, I was only at 2...and please don't tell me to go home. She went out, and I told my amazing husband/support, there is no. way. they will get me out of the hospital.

Things happened quickly, and just two hours after arriving at the hospital, at 4:32 a.m, August the 10th, 

Hudson Joseph

made his appearance, making us a family of 4, weighing 8lbs 8oz and was 19 3/4" long.   
Overwhelming Relief, Joy and Happiness, flooded my soul. At long last, the sweet bebe was born. 
Healthy and beautiful..oh-so-beautiful. 


There is nothing like meeting a brand new life.. getting to know the little person that grew inside for 9 whole months. So tiny, yet so perfect. 
Also, the dear husband of mine... he is amazing! Such a wonderful support and coach. 
I could not go through what I did, without him beside me. Love him So so much!






We were so privileged to have mom here. She was with us a week and a half before little Hudson was born. Bonding with Kenden, and keeping me from going insane, while we waited. 
Such a beautiful lady...I am so blessed to have her as my mother, and Grandma, for our sweet boys.




 I was so excited to see how Kenden would respond to a new little person in the house. 
He loves the little brother...but it's not always easy sharing mommy and daddy. 
We still have a bit of work to do with attitudes, etc... but in the meantime.. I look at these pictures over and over.. I cannot believe that I get to be mama to these two precious boys. 
Melt. My. Heart.










love those tiny little toes.








Thank-you, Jesus, for this precious gift You have sent to us to teach and train and love. 
He is so perfect, and our hearts are full of love and gratitude.

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful blog post! :) You are so very blessed! -Rissa

    ReplyDelete