Friday, October 18, 2013

Girl Time in LA.

The middle of September found us scrambling, and getting excited for this trip
to the wonderful, beautiful, fun city of Los Angelos, California!
Not just to take in the sights of the city, but to visit this very dear friend. Krys.
I think Kenden developed a small crush on my bestie while we were there.. he became sort of attached, and would get all sweet and flirty with her..not to mention the open stare (with much admiration in his eyes) at any given time.
 Dear Son, yes, she is an amazing lady, but you are far to young, and I have a feeling that by the time you grow up, well...she just may no longer be available. :) 
 Anyway, on with the story.  

Melinda and I were chatting one day, and mentioned in passing, 
how much fun it would be to go visit Krys. Of course, we didn't think it would actually happen,
but once our husbands heard the idea, they both took action, and decided that it was to be a go. 
They also decided that it needed to be a week long trip, instead of the long weekend we were thinking it would be. Yes, very sweet, good men we both have. 
Mel and I were able to meet up in Chicago, and fly the rest of the way together. 
Such a blessing it was. We made it there safe and sound, and after trying to make our way through crazy, city driving, (and a few detours:) We made it to a supper stop. (We ended up visiting the famous "El Pollo Loco" several times throughout our stay. Cheap, Mexican, and delicious salads. 
Need I say more?

--------------------------------------


The beautiful Krystal, and her handsome little admirer.
The first morning, we made our way to a delightful little coffee shop (that of course) we would be later returning to as well. 



Lexi, enjoying her own special snack, while we drink coffee and talk. 


These dear children rather adored each other. They did soo good while we ran here and there..allowing us to catch up and have a grand time. 


And even though our children are gems (most of the time:) Krystal's dear cousin offered to babysit for several hours, so us girls could go shopping in Fashion District. 
Seriously, peoples, that was the best place to go fabric shopping that I've ever been to in my life! Please.. I want to go back!! I could have spent all day there! 



There just so happened to be a swimming pool outside at Krys' apartment, so if course, we had to make good use of it at least a few times, and soak in some of the beautiful, California sunshine!


Kenden, enjoying the sun from his seat. (he was sitting there cause his mother had wishful thinking that maybe, just maybe he would take a nap.) He loved the water too, but I must say, he looks pretty content right where he is. 


We went out to Olive Garden one evening..it was fun and delishious! 
I haven't been there in ages, and I guess I forgot how fantastic the food really is.
Sadly, I don't have the best pictures from that night. I believe Melinda has the really good ones.. 
Hopefully I won't have to beg to hard to get them..and just maybe a few more photo's 
will show up on here at some point in time. 


Melt me....!


We got to spend a day on the Santa Monica beach. Need I say it was a splendid day?
I was hoping to take Kenden's 6 month pictures there, but he wasn't exactly impressed. 
He was tired, and wanted to touch the water, but it was so cold, it would make him cry, and then the sand was fun too, but not really to sit in, mom! So, these are the best of him that I was able to get. Kinda sad, but still oh-so-cute!


These precious babies couldn't get enough of each other.
 K, maybe not entirely true, but almost at any given time, Lexi could walk up and say 
"Heeey Bebe, and then they would both giggle. Priceless!




And, here is the only decent picture I have of all of us. Melinda...I'm counting on you! :)


He was happy..as long as he could stand on mommy's feet. 


I kinda really love palm trees.!


The day we left, Mel and I had to soak in more sunshine while Krys was working..
and this scattered mother lost her little boy's hat. 
So, she went searching the house, and found a stretchy scrap of material, 
that would just maybe work. He then acted somewhat like a clown. 
He kinda fit his outfit pretty well. Hey, what else are you supposed to do when you don't 
want his poor little head all crispy burnt? 


Here we are about midnight, waiting to fly home. 
Thank-you Krystal, for hosting us, and giving us such a lovely visit.
It was so great to be able to catch up again, and just talk about life with people 
that actually "get each other". 


And, here's a little man, who was quite happy to see his daddy again!
Oh, yes, we had a good trip, but we (I) really missed my husband!


This is what was waiting for me when I got home. 
It was such a happy basket, and letter, and and.. I felt so special and loved. 
I am convinced that I have the sweetest man ever..and does he ever know his wife?!!
Some of my favourite things..coffee, chocolate covered coffee beans, mugs, a candle, and the Starbucks travel mug that I had eyed just a time or two. ;)  
I love him. And, I am so blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment