Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Home! (part 2)

At long last, I'm back again.
 After traveling many miles, 
spending quality time with lots of different people, I'm home again.
 And oh, is it ever a good, happy place to be. 
As much as I love to travel, and see family and friends again, there is seriously no.place.like.home. 
So, now it's time to play some major catch-up on this thing.
 I've created I'm-not-sure-how-many-posts. Now, it's time to get them beyond my head, 
and on the actual page.
Look out, dear people..there just might be a huge picture overload coming right up. :)


A family "picnic" on the front lawn


 Two little boy-cousins --  Kenden & Bronson. Are they not darling? 
Getting to know each other on Grandmas front porch.
 She even has a bench just their size! (almost:)


We had to take a daily picture (or two) to send home to daddy.
Oh, how we missed him! 

---------------------------------------

And now, the reason we made the trip when we did. 
My aunt Jean, donated  "Tea with Hope (and her daughters)" to the fundraiser-auction
they held back in March. Jenna and I were so blessed to be able to make it out for the event.
Poor Brianna was greatly missed, but it was such a joy to be a guest there!


Jenna, Mom, Kenden & I, Janelle & Camille
It was a beautiful day for an outdoor party! 


Breathtaking. Down by the river. What more could you ask for?


I'll just let these pictures speak for themselves.






Mmm...so beautiful and SO delicious! Blackberry Lemonade, anyone?






My Grandma with Kenden. 
I am so blessed that I get to call her "Grandma".
 She is the most beautiful lady, with such a sweet, gracious spirit.
Her house is always so.much.fun to go visit..You might go see her latest quilt, or just sit at the kitchen table and she'll pull out cookies, or ice-cream, (or whatever is on hand) put on the tea kettle (or coffee, if you prefer) and sit down for a lovely visit. 
Yes, I hope to be like her when I grow up.
And, yes... I do miss her very much 



Little man, waking up from a nap. Had to take a break from all the ladies, I suppose. 


And then, he came back for more snuggle time with mommy.


The delightful dessert. Mmm it was all so tasty, not to mention cuute!!


Here are the ladies that put it on and served us. 
(the 3 on the left are my Aunts. LeAnn, Jean & Carol) 
They did an incredible job.. 
It was such a fun, special day.


5 Months


Our little man hit the "5 month mark" out there. 
I'm doing horribly at keeping his months updated here, but we can't miss it all-together. 


The new chair is more fun to chew on, than anything. 
Right now, pretty much everything belongs in the mouth. 


Charming. Simply charming. 


Have I mentioned yet, how much a love this little guy??

--------------------------------

Yes, it may have been long ago, that all of this happened, but it's still so much fun to go back and look at the pictures, and remember. Memories are such a precious, precious thing.  When I was debating weather or not I wanted to go (without my husband) it was a hard choice. I wanted soo badly to be out there, but I did not exactly like the thought of being gone for a week, (esp knowing that I was going to be in LA for another full week, not even a month after I came home) but now, I am oh-so-glad that I was able to be there. It's the moments we remember, not the days.. and yes, the reunion with my man was sweet, but looking back, I believe that these moments..memories from my time in OR, you can't put a price tag on. 

--------------------------------

Another side note. I feel so wordy. Sometimes it takes me a full paragraph, to say what could be said in about 2 sentences. So, I guess you just have to bear with me. 

I hope you all are enjoying every day to the fullest. We've been having some Gorgeous, Fall days here, and we're just soaking them in. I think Fall has got to be one of my favourite seasons. (well, they're all kind of like my favourite) but there's something so fun about pulling out the sweaters and slippers, coffee and blankets, and those long cozy evenings.....?!! 
Also, Fall just so happens to be the time of year when Starbucks brings back those all-famous Pumpkin Spice Latte's. I just might be hooked.
 And... just the thought of Christmas coming right up, well, it's a pretty happy one. 




1 comment:

  1. What a lovely tea you had, so glad your link showed up on your cousin Teresa's face book page. Loved all of the pictures and what you wrote. Elaine Condon

    going to sign in as 'anonymous' because I don't understand the other options...:-)

    ReplyDelete