Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Starbucks Baby..


I have been a big Starbucks fan for a loong time.
That's not saying I get my daily (or even weekly) drinks,
but I sure do enjoy the times I do get to enjoy the treat.

All of that to say, my sister Camille came up the other weekend for a visit, so her, 
Kenden and I had an hour at Starbucks, and she spent some of that time snapping a few
photo's of my precious son and I. 

He truly is a gem. 








Does he not steal your heart? I mean, really. 
He sat there grinning and cheesing and generally being the
Charmer that he always is. 


I know, not the greatest photo, but must have at least one shot with the dear sister.
It was such a happy day. Sister time..at Starbucks..with such a handsome baby boy? 
Ahh...Thank you, Jesus, for sending us special moments to cherish and enjoy..
I pray that I will always be able to remember that it's the little things that matter. 
It doesn't take thousands of $$ to make you happy.. 

Sometimes I think I need the reminder. It's so easy to get caught up in the whole mindset that I need more. Just need to buy that one other thing... I've had my eye on it for so long, and, well... I just don't feel like life will be complete until I have me that perfect little couch... I mean, Babe, we NEED that for our bedroom. No..because as soon as I get that little couch that I want so badly, then I will need a throw pillow, and.....the list goes on. 

So, posting about this happy day (and it really was happy) well, it helps me keep things in perspective. Taking time for family and friends, investing in their lives.. that's what is important. 
Not that perfect little white couch that would look so incredibly beautiful in my bedroom. 
(Besides, there is absolutely not even one tiny space for it in there. :)

Have a happy week! 

2 comments:

  1. I've been a starbucks fan for years too! My email address was actually even 'starbucksfan' for many years - ha ha! I so enjoyed your thoughts about contentment - truly something we all are learning! Happy day to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha..yeah, it's just so yum! Yes, contentment can be such a continual struggle. Thanks for stopping by! Blessings on your day..

      Delete